I couldn’t think of anything better to do yesterday, while watching the snow fall (heavily at that!) than to make some fresh bread and good ol’ fashioned magic bars.
Magic Bars are easy, and there are variations on every can of sweetened condensed milk and box of graham crackers out there. Easily search on allrecipes.com or your favorite recipe site, or just look here. You can mix and match practically any ingredients your heart desires…I used butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, crushed pretzels, leftover cashew pieces and sweetened coconut.
Magic Bars (adapted from Eagle Brand Condensed Milk Recipe)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 cups of chips/toppings
- 1 1/3 cups coconut (flaked)
- 1 cup nuts/ crunchy toppings
- Preheat oven to 325 (for glass pan) or 350 (metal pan). Grease 13×9 inch pan.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with butter. Press firmly into bottom of pan.
- Evenly pour entire can of condensed milk on top of crumb mixture.
- Add toppings, coconut and nuts.
- Press these firmly with a fork or spatula.
- Bake 25 minutes or until evenly browned. Cool and cut into bars. Enjoy!