Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Frank is sick

I've been a bit of a wreck the past few days.  Frank the dog is sick.  He started burping at night about a month ago, and I didn't think much of it, figured it was him eating too much too late.  He seems to hold off on eating his own food to wait until we are done.  I think he's thinking he might get some of ours...why fill up on kibble first?  Anyways, the last few days he has been waking up in the middle of the night very uncomfortable, making moaning noises and burping more.  After about an hour, he falls back asleep and that's it.
Yesterday, I took him to the vet.  It was bugging me. No fever, his tummy felt fine to the doctor.  But, he did some bloodwork and his pancreas levels were abnormal.  Doc said he obviously had a sour stomach, but wasn't expecting his pancreas to be out of whack.  Frank is a picky eater and he also eats well.  I make him rice, ground beef or chicken, and veggies to supplement his dry food.  Other nights, he was getting a scoop of wet benefuls food, too.  The best of both worlds for him. 
He got a shot, and now he is on sucralate (sp?) for his pancreas.  He is on a restricted diet of boiled chicken, low fat cottage cheese and rice.  I made a batch today, but he didn't want to eat too much of it.  I had a hard time getting him to down his pill, too.  I broke it in two pieces and stuffed each piece in a bit of chicken.  The first piece went down just fine, but the second didn't.  I mixed it in his food, but I think he caught on and stopped eating.
I haven't seen him drink any water today yet, but I know where I filled the bowl up to this morning, so I'm hoping he has some soon. 
He's been laying around all morning, I'm a bit worried.  Oh, Lord, I love this little guy so much.  Please help him get better.  I hate seeing him in pain and not himself.
Please pray for Frankie if you have a moment today. He needs all the help he can get.  I just want him to be healthy.  I love this little guy so much, he is my best friend.  He helped me get through cancer, the least I can do is help him get through his illnesses.
Thank you,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment