Monday, January 6, 2014


2014 isn’t messing around!  We are looking at -15 degrees today with a windchill of 40 below.  Last night we were in a state of emergency, and I believe that is still in effect this morning.  No internet, so I am writing my blog entry the good old fashioned way.  It reminds me of the snow days when I was a child.  It’s so quiet out right now.  It stopped snowing (for now), but the sun is out and the foot of snow we got yesterday is sparkly and reflecting light everywhere.  But its so cold, Frank is boycotting outside pottys.  He is trying to hold it as long as possible, poor boy.  I wrapped him up really good, using an old sweater (I made for my dog when I was a child) as a scarf for the boy. 

 

 

Today I am going to attempt working on my hairband again.  I started making a friendship bracelet the other day.  I plan on making a very long one, to use as a headband.  BD got me a Bedazzler for Christmas, so after I’m done making the band, I want to bedazzle the heck out of it and apply a felt backing to make it a bit more stiff and protect my head from the rhinestone attachments.  I am surprised on how long and tough it is to make one of these things!  I remember making friendship bracelets all the time when I was in middle school and high school.  If a teenage girl can do wonderful masterpieces, why am I having trouble with a basic one?  I made them before, I just don’t get it!!

 
 I actually have 4 projects I want to complete this month:  The headband (seen above), a sweater for my niece, a hat for my dad, and to finish a sweater I started over the summer. Both the sweater for the niece and hat are birthday presents.  I have 20 days left!  I think if I push myself I can do it!

My chest still hurts in a way I can’t describe.  Bras are off the table still, it hurts to even breathe.  With this being my big pill day (lots of pills), adding a few more pain pills is really no big deal.  I’m good until 1 pm and then I can use my inhaler and take more Tylenol #3.  I hate the codeine, though, but the pain is worse than the dizzy sleepy feeling.  The coughing has reduced greatly, and I am not going through a box of Kleenex a day anymore.  I am progressing, just still in pain.  It feels like my chest hurts even more when I cough, I just can't figure out if its because I am not coughing as much and the sprained muscles are not as loose, or if I need to be lying down for 7 days like I broke a rib or something.  The swelling in the upper part of the ribs have gone down.  It was like I had two mini boobs under my chest, kina gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment