Saturday, January 18, 2014

Homemade Hot Chai Tea

Gosh I miss Borders.  I used to go to Borders and get their hot chai tea all the time.  For years.  No other place made chai tea to my liking.  Since Borders has been closed for some time, it kinda hit me today to try my hand at making my own chai tea.
Here is how I made my own at home (very easy):
Make 2/3 cup of hot tea.  I used orange pekoe, the basic, run of the mill regular tea bag.  
Let the tea steep a few minutes, you want the tea flavor strong.
Add some honey (about a spoonful), 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, and a shake of cinnamon and nutmeg. 
Stir well.
Top it off with your favorite milk product: 2%, whole, half-n-half, cream.

Its that easy!  I don't know if its right, I was going mostly on taste, but it tasted pretty good.  I would make it again and maybe experiment a bit more.  I feel like I am missing a chocolate factor, but I can't put my finger on it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment