Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Rye Bread

Today, I am feeling a bit better so I tried my hand at Rye bread.  King Arthur Flour's website _ kingarthurflour.com is wonderful and gave me the inspiration today.
Here is what the finished product looks like.


This bread was so good and yummy!  My best Rye bread yet to date!  I think it could have used more caraway seeds, but it was delicious nonetheless.
I am looking forward to a ham sandwich for lunch with this rye bread today.  I am also thinking I might make another loaf this weekend for my mom and dad.  It was hearty, easy to slice, and flavorful.  It was heavy, though.  Dense but stayed together.  French bread tends to have these beautiful, odd shaped large air bubbles throughout its loaf.  This rye didn't have that.  It was compact but perfect size for sandwiches.  Rose nicely, but I used a loaf pan.  The previous ryes I made I didn't use a loaf pan, I tried to make them more traditional, and it didn't work. They were hard on the outside, crumbly on the inside.
Oh I'm so happy and proud of this bread!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment